
Matt & I celebrated 2 wonderful years of marriage yesterday! May 24th, 2008 was a pretty amazing day and one I will never forget! I was blessed to marry my best friend who makes me laugh and loves me no matter what! I have fallen more and more in love with him every day! I am so so excited to see what this next year will bring for us. As hard as it will be to say goodbye to our friends and family this summer, I know that God will use these next couple of years to work on our marriage and make it even stronger.
We can't run home to Stroud and WFalls on a whim, can't go to every wedding, can't go to every OSU football game, and we won't be able to be with family for every single holiday/birthday. This will be very difficult, especially for this girl! I'm sure the "only child" in me will rear her ugly head a time or two. But despite all of that, we'll have to rely on each other. I think this will be such a great bonding experience for us. Marriage is already an amazing bond, but I think this will really stretch us.
There's the verse in the Bible that talks about leaving your parents and clinging to your spouse. Even though we live together and technically have left our parents, it has been a struggle to really "leave" our parents. As much as I love being with Matt and sharing my life with him, I have to catch myself when I want to run to my parents first to share big news or call my dad to ask him how to fix something. In Chicago, I can't do that...sure I can call, but there's not much my parents can do for me back in Texas. I will HAVE to lean on Matt for everything and I'm so excited about that! That's how it should be!
So here's to our 3rd year of marriage! I'm excited about all of the memories we'll make while we're there and I'm excited that we can look back and tell our kids someday...yeah we ran off to Chicago on our own little adventure and our marriage is so much better because of it! Here we go!
OH! And...for some reason this weekend I was thinking that it would be fun for Matt and I to share a hobby! Something that we both enjoy. Not that walking is my hobby but I enjoy going on walks and Matt HATES it...it's like pulling teeth trying to get him to do that kind of stuff with me. I tried to get him to go to the arts festival too and he wasn't too keen on that idea either. Any ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment