Monday, February 14, 2011

My First Valentine (but not my only Valentine) !!!

I can't remember a Valentine's Day that I didn't get flowers from my Daddy. He always gave my mom a big bouquet and then I would get either one or a group of 3 roses. When we moved into the house my parents live in now, I would wake up and they would be in my bathroom with a card titled "Beffidoose" or "Fred" - nicknames he has always called me.

The first year I was in college, Valentine's Day came and I suddenly realized I wouldn't wake up to flowers in my bathroom! Daddy delivered though and had a flower shop in Stillwater deliver me one rose! Sometimes they were yellow, just so I wouldn't forget I was from Texas {the yellow rose of Texas :) we're crazy, I know}.

When I was working at the bank in Oklahoma, he had them delivered there. Everyone would assume they were from Matt, but I would boast they were from my Daddy instead. Before you judge me - or Matt - he has given me flowers in the past, but I usually tell him not to worry about it. He's always done really thoughtful things - but that's another post. :)

It's really not even about the flowers. It's become more of a tradition now and it melts my heart every year. It's just something that my Daddy and I share.

So this year, Daddy has NO idea where my office is in Chicago, but he's mailed many a care package to our apartment. I went home at lunch and sure enough, Danny our doorman had some flowers at his desk waiting for me!




Aren't they gorgeous?!?!

Without fail, Daddy has come through and has been my Valentine for the last 26 years! I love you Daddy. Thank you for creating so many wonderful memories over the years and I love our little traditions and inside jokes {TOE PICK}. I'll always be your baby girl and you'll always be my first Valentine!
xoxo,
Beffidoose/Fred

1 comment: