I have a feeling 27 is going to be a GREAT year!
April has been a whirlwind month full of celebrations of one my favorite days...my birthday!!! I'll be honest, there was a part of me that wasn't as excited about my birthday since I knew I was going to be away from my most of our friends and family. BUT, I am a very blessed girl and my Chicago friends and my darling husband made my birthday pretty special. :)
I came to work on the Friday before my birthday to find 2 dozen muffins and some cookies/sweets at my desk from my co-workers! So of course, my morning was off to a great start! Then, my good friend/co-worker, Karee gave me 2 bottles of Skinnygirl margaritas and 2 boxes of Hot Tamales. YUM! I've been wanting to try the Skinnygirl margs for a LONG time now and they're delish! Thank you Bethenny Frankel. {Sidenote: I just love Bethenny - she's my reality tv celebrity crush. I think we would be great friends.}
Then, it was time for birthday lunch at one of my favorite spots, Mercadito! Karee and another co-worker pal, Erin treated me to some fabulous tacos and margaritas and then I was surprised by free birthday flan. :)
On the day of my birthday, Matt took me to get new running shoes. I'm training for a 10 mile race at the end of May, and I was in serious need of some new kicks. I call my 27th birthday the "Shoe Birthday" because he also gave me some ADORABLE sandals and some oh-so-cozy slippers. He's good to me! Of course we went out to dinner too, but the service was pretty poor so we left after the appetizers and stopped for some ice cream on the way home. Fine by me! :) Sunday night we went to one of our favorite steakhouses, Gibson's and after a huge meal of steak/lobster, they surprised me with a delicious ice cream sundae! Yeah...calories don't exist for at least a week of my birthday!


No comments:
Post a Comment