A couple of weeks ago, I took a mini-vacation home to see my family! It. Was. Glorious. I hadn't been home since Christmas and the holidays always feel so rushed. My flight left Chicago at 6 am so it was a very early start to my trip, but I didn't want to waste a second! I was in Dallas by 8:30 and my aunt and grandma came with my mom to pick me up. We had a blast! Of course, I was so excited, I didn't take any pictures, but we really had a great time. We stopped in Southlake to shop and we found some great things! I came away with 2 dresses, a purse, cute pumps, and a great new pair of skinnys - which I later found a $5 bill in the back pocket! Happy Birthday to ME! :)
Friday, my mom spoiled me with a pedicure and a massage! It was a total girls day! I helped her deliver her Meals on Wheels route - it was SUPER windy...when we stopped to get gas, I gave her my scarf to protect her hair from getting crazy messy and I couldn't help but snag a picture! haha!
It was ridiculous...sadly this was the day that many of the terrible fires in Texas broke out and destroyed so many homes and property.
I also visited my cousins and saw their kiddos. There's never enough time when I'm home, but I'm always grateful even if I only get to see them for a second. The little ones, Landon, Makenna and Addy don't exactly know who I am (which makes me sad, but it's part of being away from home), but Hailey knows me and she's at such a fun age! Darling little girl! Friday night we went to my favorite burger joint on the planet! Gene's Tasty Burger - YUM! We've been going there since I was a little girl and my daddy worked there in high school. Lots of memories at that place. :)
Saturday was the day of the Wichita Falls Wine Festival and so mom and I were busy setting up her booth and getting ready. I also got to spend a little time with my best friend from high school, Tori. She lives in Austin now and even though we don't see each other often, we always pick up where we left off. Love her to pieces. We had a great time at the Wine Festival and mom did great selling her recycled wine bottles. :)
My trip was amazing and even though I'm 27, it hasn't gotten any easier to leave home and my wonderful parents. I think it only gets harder. BUT - that's what makes our time so special and I cherish every second!


No comments:
Post a Comment