Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Awesome Weekend!

Matt and I had an awesome weekend! We had cookouts with Matt's coworkers, spent lots of time together, organized the new place a bit more, and made an exciting purchase...





His and her bikes!!! Don't worry, they are not going to be part of the living room decor. This is temporary. :) I plan on taking some action shots of us actually riding the bikes, but I didn't want to crash and burn on the first day we rode them. :) As much as we enjoy walking and using the public transportation, there's just nothing quite like hopping on a bike and enjoying the breeze as you ride down the street.

Although Chicago is pretty bike friendly, I prefer to coast along on the side streets. I'm way too intimidated to bike in downtown traffic - so now that we're in a neighborhood, it's just perfect!

After looking on Craigslist (huge selection, but we're bike dummies so who knows if we would be getting a good deal) and doing some research on local shops, we heard about a bike shop that gets used bikes at auction, refurbishes them and then resales them at a fair price. The catch? It's cash only, first come first serve and you never know what they'll have in stock, so we flew out the door on Sunday in hopes of riding home on our new bikes. After test driving a couple around the block, we were sold! We spent the rest of the afternoon riding around the area, stopping for pizza, a little shopping and even took them to the cookout we were invited to attend. So much fun! I can't wait to explore our new neighborhood on our bikes - farmers markets, lazy afternoons at the beach, and enjoying weekend brunch. {Side note: I'm becoming a HUGE fan of brunch.}

No comments:

Post a Comment