Friday, July 1, 2011

MIA

Sorry I've been MIA over the last week - we moved last weekend and we're without internet until who knows when...AT&T has been a little sketch with us in scheduling an installation. Thank goodness for smart phones and 3G! ;) Anyway, I hope to post some pictures of the new place once we get settled and organized. All of the boxes are unloaded, but things have not quite found their home yet. I still have lots of things to hang on the walls - it will definitely be a work in progress. I'm fighting the urge to buy things to fill {what will become} the empty spaces. Who knows how long we'll be here and I hate to accumulate more just for this particular place. I'll have to really love the pieces and know they will provide function in future homes.

This weekend, we'll be on the hunt for a new mattress. Matt and I both couldn't help laughing at our pitiful pancake mattress on Sunday. Really, it's past its prime. I bought it just out of college and it was a cheap mattress so replacing it with a legit mattress is long overdue. Our backs/necks will be so happy!

I have to share a side story about our move - I thought it was comical! :) Like I said, we don't really know anyone with trucks anymore and the little Honda can only take so much. We put her to the test last weekend. {FAIL}We found a desk and office chair on Craigslist - so on Saturday we went to pick it up. The desk was still in the box so we managed to wedge it in the trunk with the seats laying down. Next came the chair. What a booger it was. We folded the back of the seat down, but we could not get the wheels to come off. We tried every angle and maneuver possible, but it just wasn't going to go. What are we going to do?! Hail a cab of course! His cab was an Scion, you know one of those boxes on wheels, so we loaded it in the back and were on our merry way. Matt had to drive like a maniac to keep up with the us while I'm holding on to the chair for dear life trying to keep it from rolling all over the place! Ahh the joys of moving in the big city. Definitely different than ALL of my moves thus far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment