Chicago (& many other great cities, I'm sure!) has a fabulous summer program called "Movies in the Park" and parks all over the city take turns hosting a movie on a portable big screen. It reminded me of the movie,
The Wedding Planner. :) Last night was my first time to attend one and it was a blast! I'm sad that it's already August because I know there won't be many more before the season ends. Last night's movie:
It was fun to watch this movie with hundreds of other people. It was much more interactive than in an actual movie theater. People would cheer/clap/laugh together - it was cute. I went with some girlfriends I met recently and we had a really great time! Everyone basically just brings their own picnic, blankets, chairs, etc. We saw everything from Chinese take-out to a wooden cheese board with lots of fancy cheeses and quite the assortment of wines - clearly those people had does this a time or two. :) We had our own nice spread of bread, fruit, cheese and wine and the weather could not have been any more perfect for spending the evening at the park!
I highly recommend checking out your city's park district for upcoming events! :)
That sounds like so much fun! Too bad the heat is unbearable here. :)
ReplyDelete