So...I still have not refinished the little table I snagged on Craigslist. I was motivated a few weekends ago and found out that you cannot buy spray paint within Chicago's city limits! Who knew?! Not this girl. Apparently, hoodlums like to "tag" property and get high off the stuff. Ugh, way to ruin it for DIY'ers like me. Anyway, I have to go out to the suburbs to get it and I just haven't been yet. I'm also debating painting it the old fashioned way...so we'll see. I was just really excited to try refinishing a piece of furniture with spray paint. :)
Also, we're STILL without internet at our new place. Without getting into it, we've been going round and round with AT&T and I can't quite figure out why my better half would still like to be their customer. I guess now it's the principle of the matter and we just want to win! haha.
But, back to the updates! I've been getting the itch to update a few things. Since we have moved so often, we don't want to invest too much in our belongings. It never fails, when you move there's always something that doesn't quite fit into your new space or you have to "make it work" one way or another. So, I decided to accessorize what we already have and go from there. Here are a couple of pictures of the new place...I'm not quite ready to show pictures of the whole place yet.{Please excuse some of the lighting in these photos - I took them with my iPhone}
New lamp(s)! I bought a matching pair, but our bedroom is too narrow. For now, this is on Matt's side {please note the book
King of Capital...definitely not on my must-read list}and my side of the bed has a floor lamp. :)
New euro shams. The headboard doesn't fit in this space so the pillows are our headboard now. I originally intended to make my own shams, but my sewing machine is out of commission and I just couldn't decide what fabric to choose, so I broke down and bought these cream shams. They have some stitching detail so they add a little texture too.
Our new rug!!! I'm pretty pumped about this purchase! Found this bad boy on overstock.com - can't beat their $2.95 shipping! Matt thinks it looks like lightning bolts. Men. And...of course the matching lamp.
Another view of the living room. To the left is the TV and also the fireplace is on that side...still working on the mantle situation and I would really love to upgrade our TV console.(not pictured)
What do you think?!
Looks GREAT!! I loooove that rug, great find! It's always so funny to hear what men think about home decor/fashion. Lightning bolts... too funny!
ReplyDeleteLove it Beth! Can't wait to see more pics of the new place!- MK
ReplyDeleteLove it Beth! It looks great!! :)
ReplyDelete