Thursday, September 1, 2011

Arriving in Style

So, I'm behind on posting from the last week because MY MOM IS VISITING! Can you tell I get excited when she comes to town? I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. She arrived last Friday, and I took a week off from work to play while she's in town. Since I was taking this week off, I couldn't take off work on Friday when her flight landed. I told her for about 2 months that she was going to be on her own to take the train into downtown and I would meet her at the station. She was...freaked, to say the least. Little did she know that I had arranged for a town car to pick her up and drive her to my office! I had to tell her the day before so she could coordinate with the car service to meet her at the appropriate gate, and she was so excited!

True to form, when I called to make sure she had her luggage and had met up with her driver, she tells me, "Yeah! I made friends and he let me sit in the front seat! I wanted to be able to see everything coming into town." Oh Mom. I love you. Seriously, I love that she is the friendliest woman on the planet. Those drivers probably pick up some less than pleasant people and this guy was lucky enough to pick up the nicest, cutest little Texan. She's the best! Ok. Enough of me bragging on how awesome my mom is...


I had to document her arrival to my office. Is it Rahm? A CEO of a big company? Nope! It's my mom! We scurried off to a quick lunch and then she shopped around State St while I finished out my work day. Longest. Friday. Afternoon. Ever.

She's here for another day and a half, so I'm off to soak up every second before she has to go back home! Thank goodness the hubs gets home the same day she leaves or else I might be an emotional messy wreck. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment