So...about a month or so ago, I posted a 'before picture' of some Craigslist treasures I found. I ran into an unexpected snag during my DIY project that delayed the completion and reveal. During this project, I found out that you cannot buy spray paint within the city limits of Chicago. Say whaaa??? Stupid huffers, graffiti writers, hoodlums, you ruin it for the rest of us law abiding citizens who want to design on a dime! :)
Fast forward a few weeks. I finally made a trip out to the suburbs to visit and spend time with the bestie, Lauren and her sweet family, and while I was there we ran to Lowe's so that I could get my spray paint! YES!
Before... it was very beat up and needed some serious TLC.
*Side note: The wicker chair is still the same color. I just added a pillow for now. :)
and After...
I'll be honest, I underestimated my spray painting needs - so it's not exactly finished. I need to make a trip out to pick up another can of spray paint for some final touches. I was so thrilled with how it turned out though, I just couldn't wait to post an update about it! Love it.
I bought the piece on Craigslist for $10 and I would say I spent approx $10-15 on spray paint/sealer/sand paper! Not a bad investment, if I do say so myself. YAY!
If you're curious, I used Valspar paint in a Satin finish. I don't know the color, but it's like an almond cream color. Obsessed with it.
Let me know what y'all think!
bethanne

nice job lady!! love it! ps. indy sells spray paint... we could have a craft weekend! whoop!
ReplyDeleteHow cute!
ReplyDelete