Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

This weekend I went home after the OKC Relay For Life...lets just say it was the longest 2 hours after being awake for 27 hours straight! But...I finally made it home and got to spend the weekend with my parents and my Aunt Tana! She was in town visiting from Arizona and I just realized, I hadn't seen her since our wedding 2 years ago. Time flys! Mama and I enjoyed the most amazing pedicures on Saturday and my feet never felt (or looked) better! It was a relaxing weekend just spending time with my parents. Sunday, we attempted hooking up a webcam so my parents could skype with us while we're in Chicago but we realized their internet provider needs to do a bit of an upgrade on their connection! Grrr...so my Father's Day gift was a bust. Luckily, he loved the cards we got him. I gave him one specifically from the cats...you have to meet my parents cats...he thought it was funny! Even if you hate cats, these felines are hysterical!

I got a later start than I intended so I missed dinner with the Wilson's in OKC, but I was glad Matt got to spend some quality time with his family. I know the Wilson's love me as one of their own, but I'm sure it was nice to just have their son to themselves. :) So I met up with them later to watch the A-Team (I pity the fool!) I recommend it, good flick!

I feel so blessed to have both mine and Matt's family. We are so loved and I can't imagine my life without each and every one of them being a part of it. Here are a few pictures of our Daddy's! (note: I realize these are all 2 years old so just go with it! I've got to work on getting new pictures with our families!)


Here's Matt & Chris on our wedding day! So handsome!


Chris & Beth at our reception! They're the best and I love them to pieces. Best in laws ever! Well, I hope Matt thinks my parents are the best in laws ever, too! :)


Daddy & I dancing. For those of you who don't know my Daddy, he HATES having his picture taken. So...my solution...hire a photographer who takes lots of candid shots so I could still get great pictures of Daddy without him knowing. sneaky :)


This picture is one of my all time favorites. He was giving me a hug before we left the reception. I love him so much and I'll always be a Daddy's girl!

What is it about Dad's and their daughters? My mom is like my best friend but there's just something about me and my Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment