It's been a year since my very first trip to Chicago. Now, I'm a resident! This time last year we came to meet Matt's co-workers and find an apartment to call home! Looking back, it was such a different world - I remember just walking around in awe. Now, it seems a little more "normal" and even though I sometimes pinch myself that I'm living this "city life", the day to day has become my norm.
But, here we are, one year later and I feel like I'm having deja-vu...we're on the hunt for an apartment. Yep, we're moving...AGAIN! I swear our friends and family are going to stop trying to keep up. I don't blame them, I'm tired of trying to keep up. Their address books probably have so many scratches next to our name because we have moved 4 times since we've been married. Sorry everyone - this one is not by choice! We found out in March that we were unable to renew our lease. Our landlord needs to sell his place (short sell/foreclosure situation) so we're getting the boot. The nice thing is that we've had a while, but the bad part is that most rentals don't come available that far in advance so we're just now starting to look. And let me tell you, apartment hunting is exhausting! I'm over it and we still haven't signed a new lease.
So over the next month, I need to start doing a clean out. It's times like these that I wonder why I'm not more organized or why I haven't become a minimalist. Granted we downsized a lot, but I know things have been stuffed in closets and drawers that we just don't need to keep. Goodwill, here we come!
Minimalist living is the way to go. Kyle says I purge TOO much, but I just don't see any sense in keeping things we never use (end of soapbox).
ReplyDeleteGood luck apartment hunting! Let me know if I can help. Love and miss you.