Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring Delayed...

Chicago Springs are a tease. While all of my friends down south have been posting on Facebook about sitting out on the patio or posting pictures wearing cute sandals and sundresses for the last month or two, I'm still sporting a scarf and coat to work. Awesome. I have been refusing to wear skirts/dresses to work lately, because the recent temps have still been requiring tights and I just can't justify tights this late in the season! The coming weeks are looking more promising for warmer temps - we're finally getting into the 60's on what seems to be a more consistent basis. Outdoor furniture is being taken out of storage for restaurants to offer patio seating, the tulips are blooming, the trees are budding and things are beginning to turn green. Turns out April showers do bring May flowers! That phrase was always funny to me growing up because blooms were already in full force by March.

Sooooo.....here's to a beautiful spring! Better late than never! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment