Monday, June 13, 2011

Random Thoughts...

- I'm not sure it will ever warm up for longer than 2 days in Chicago, so I caught myself thinking about Fall this evening. Chicago jipped me out of my first favorite season, Spring, so I guess I'll just enjoy my second favorite season a whole lot this year!

- Work has been a little crazy lately (deadlines quickly approaching June 30) so I had dreams about work last night. I woke up feeling like part of my weekend had been hijacked by work. Do I get overtime for this?! ;)

- I took a little break from running post-race, partially due to all the gloomy weather lately. This morning was clear and sunny so I went out for a run. Holy smokes, it was a doosie.

- Kickball is like a flashback to 5th grade PE. Matt's office has a co-ed kickball team and they needed some extra girls. I was a little freaked that I would hate it, BUT it was a blast and I scored a run. Bonus.

- A Home Goods opened up a few blocks from our current apartment. So excited! But...a little bummed that it's not super convenient to our new apartment.

- On a related note, I'm getting the itch for DIY projects and searching for thrifty finds. I go through phases...if only my sewing machine wasn't on the fritz {read: broken}. Might just have to work a new one into the budget. :)

- The smallest compliments can go a long way. Both with those you love and complete strangers. Try it. It's fun to make someone's day! And I love it when someone makes mine!

-And, my last random thought. I will leave you with this...I'm a little crushed that Matt neglected to tell me about his "allergies" when it comes to cats during our premarital counseling. {I'm not sure I buy it}

My parents' little loves at the office/shop...love 'em or hate 'em, you have to think these two are adorable! Or something is wrong with you. To all my dog crazed friends, I hear you, dogs are cool & I love them - but cats are pretty darn sweet too. You can like both, I promise! Think I can sneak one in the apartment without Matt noticing?! Let's try it! :)

1 comment: