Friday, December 31, 2010

Re-Cap of 2010...

2010 was a pretty big year for us. When I think about it, it doesn't seem possible that it's all happened in the span of one year! I'm looking forward to what 2011 has up it's sleeve!

Here's a quick re-cap of all that's happened:
-New Year's 2010 was spent in Dallas w/ fabulous college friends
-Matt had his interview for Vista in January
-Matt was offered the job a week later {I burst into tears with excitement and fear. Mostly fear!}
-Put our house on the market in March
-Handed over the keys to a new owner on April 30
-Moved into an apt for our final months in OK
-Found an apartment in Chicago in May {the reality that it was really happening!}
-Celebrated 2 years of marriage in May - it keeps getting better and better! :)
-Left all that was familiar to us in June {tough month of goodbyes & see ya laters}
-Dear friends James & Jo celebrated the 4th of July with us in Chicago and got roped into unpacking our things b/c the movers were late delivering our belongings. {Thanks guys, we're forever grateful and owe you BIG TIME}
-Quick reunion with college friends at an amazing wedding in OK!
-Matt began his new job w/ Vista in July
-My mom experienced Chicago for the first time in July
-Matt's family experienced Chicago for the first time in August
-Dear friends Kris & Abby came to visit over Labor Day
-I surprised Daddy for his birthday in Sept
-Mom and Giggy visit Chicago in Oct & I find out I'm employed while they're here! {they were my good luck charm!)
-We experienced our first/maybe only NFL game in extreme cold/snowy conditions! Go Bears!
-Vista Holiday Party in Austin in December

I can't believe we've lived in Chicago for 6 months now! At the same time, it feels normal! Our apartment feels like home and I almost can't remember what it was like to live in our house and drive everywhere we went. We're making friends through our jobs and I'm excited to see those friendships develop over 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment