This was what I woke up to this morning...

Awesome, right?!
Here's a summary of what I wore:
-2 pairs of leggings
-2 pairs of socks
-jeans
-under armour long sleeve shirt
-cable knit sweater
-scarf
-knit gloves
-down mittens
-ear warmers
-big puffy coat
-Uggs
Let's just say my jeans looked painted on and I had to do some lunges just to be able to bend my legs with those 2 pairs of thick leggings on underneath! Whew! Glad I didn't eat a big lunch! :)
And then we also took 2 fleece blankets. When we left for the game, the temps were in the 20's but the wind was gusting so the windchill was about 13 or less. I was actually sweating by the time we got to the game if you can believe it.

Walking into the stadium. Why isn't he wearing his gloves?!? Silly kid.
The funny thing to me is teams like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc all have outdoor stadiums in areas where it's known to be freezing cold in the winter! Then there's my Dallas Cowboys who are spoiled rotten to play in Jerry World/Texas Stadium while fans sit comfortably in their t-shirts. So backwards! I've got to give it to these crazies who cheer on their teams in the most uncomfortable of weather circumstances...they're pretty great fans! At one point, they announced that the windchill was -5 and people actually CHEERED. Crazy I tell you!
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the snow was swirling all around the field. There were even a couple of snow tornadoes! :)
Bundled up and pretty warm all things considered!
One of the "warming stations" at the stadium! Genius!
We lasted until halftime. The Bears were losing 33-0 so it wasn't the best of games to stick around and cheer. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong for the Bears...lots of fumbles and the Patriots were making every play. Oh well! Still glad we went.
Too bad I already ordered our Christmas cards, this one would've totally been on it!
What a fun thing to say you have done! Ty was there last week for a residency interview and he was frozen. If we move to Chicago it would take me a while to adjust. :)
ReplyDelete