Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bulls Game!



Saturday night we went to the Bulls game. We invited my friend, Chris, who is a childhood friend of mine. We met in the 3rd grade and after high school, we went our separate ways to different colleges and now, we're both in Chicago! It really is a small world when you think about it. I was so glad Chris came because the Bulls were doing a special 20 year reunion celebration at halftime to honor the 1991 Championship team. It took me back to elementary when Chris and the other boys in my grade were obsessed with the Bulls, the Magic and just the NBA in general.

Chris & me! I love this guy. Even though we haven't really kept up over the years, he's just a genuinely good guy and I'm so glad to know him. And he's the best dance partner! Our 3rd grade teacher loved to have little dances in our classroom and we were always partners for the Mexican Hat Dance! :)

We had amazing seats. We were in the lower level on 3rd row right behind the Bulls bench. I just can't believe how big these guys are in person! I'll be honest, I don't really keep up with the NBA so I didn't really know any of the players until last night. I had a great time and it was really cool seeing players like THE Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen honored at the half. The crowd was deafening and when I looked over at the boys, they looked like little kids they were so excited!!! They all had their cameras out taking pictures of everything.

Chris, JP and Matt so excited that they just saw some NBA greats!

So cool to see these guys come back and thank the fans!


I learned that Rose is pretty darn good. The crowd was constantly chanting MVP and who knows, maybe they'll be honoring him in 20 years!

And...my mom saw us on TV! She just ate that up! She kept calling and telling us to wave or saying that she saw Matt jump up and cheer. Pretty cool!

Matt was easy to spot in his bright green! What a fun night! Love this man more every day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Too cool! I remember loving the Bulls in elementary too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, sorry I forgot to put my name on my last comment!-MK

    ReplyDelete