Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Dead as a Doornail
So a few weeks ago, I went through the apartment and cleaned out some closets. I had a nice little stack of things to take to Goodwill that I placed right by our front door. The goal was to take everything to Goodwill/Salvation Army that weekend...but we procrastinated. I'm sure you could have guessed that, right? Fast forward 3+ weeks later, after weaving through our cluttered entry every day and each weekend me mentioning to Matt that we really should take that to Goodwill ... we FINALLY took it down to the car. {I should also mention that the only reason we took it to the car was because a sweet friend of mine from Dallas was coming to Chicago on business and I wanted her to see our place gleaming and spotless. Honest truth.} Well, we loaded everything into the trunk, I put the key in the ignition and...nothing. Poor little car battery just pooped out. We had every intention of going down to start the car every week/other week during the winter, but sadly "out of sight - out of mind". Then, when I hit the lock button, the horn let out this pitiful whimper of the final breath of life of the battery. Sad day. And, it's not like we can jump it. I have NO idea who is parked next to us in the parking garage or how to contact them to ask for a jump. So, this weekend's trek will be to the auto parts store, wherever that is, and bringing a battery back to give new life to our poor little car. I say we'll do it this weekend, but with our track record of procrastination, we'll see. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment