He's a pretty stubborn man with a thick skull. He just doesn't get it that he's worn out his welcome with me here in Chicago. A couple of weeks ago, we had a few days of amazing weather - 50's & 60's with the sun shining down. Everyone was out running along the lake, restaurants began bringing their patio furniture out of storage. I had been warned by the locals, so I was sure it was a tease and we would likely have another cold snap. But I think everyone was secretly hoping the spring temps would last a while longer...now we're back in the 30's for the next week at least. This is not ok. My whole life, spring has been my favorite season! For the first time in 27 years {I can't believe I will be 27...}, there is a chance I might be wearing a coat on my birthday! WHAT?! This is absurd. Luckily, the week after, I'm headed to TX to see my family and I can't wait to bust out the sandals and sundresses!
So...for my birthday, I would like to bid farewell to Old Man Winter - you can come back in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment