Our apartment building isn't perfect...sometimes the dryers don't really dry your clothes, the treadmills have seen better days, the elevators can be slow and on occasion my shower gets a little less than warm, but I LOVE our doormen! It's amazing to me that so many people walk by and don't even smile or say hi to them. Matt and I made a point to get to know each one and they are some of the sweetest people we've met in Chicago.
Danny works the weekday morning shift. He's about 86 and he's become my "Chicago grandpa"! He can barely hear, so he usually keeps chats brief and says the same greetings a lot, but he gives me hugs/kisses on the cheek and gives Matt a fist bump. :) cute.
Then, there's Tim and Bryant. They work the evening shifts during the week/weekend and they're pretty fun. Tim loves the Bulls/Bears and he's usually got his little TV going cheering on one of his teams. Bryant can be quiet, but he's hilarious when you get him going. He always remembers when I have a package and catches me when I walk in from work.
And, most recently, Bryant came in and saved the day! Last weekend, our car battery died. Today, Bryant offered to jump it for us! YES!!! Seriously, that is a great doorman! He went above and beyond to really help us out!
No comments:
Post a Comment