Thursday, January 27, 2011

Would you like cream with your coffee?

Ok...this would only happen to me and of course it happened while I was home alone with no witnesses!

The other night, I decided I wanted some coffee cake and coffee. I go to brew a pot and in the meantime, Matt calls me. Well he was in OK at his parent's house and his cell phone reception was pretty poor. So it takes us about 6 dropped calls before we get a good connection. What does this have to do with having coffee??? I know...I'm getting to that. So, between answering the phone every few minutes and getting my coffee poured/prepped for drinking, I was just not paying much attention. I had taken the lid off the liquid creamer b/c I had to remove the seal. Then, as I answered Matt's trillionth call, I placed the lid back on the creamer. The call dropped again, so I grab the creamer to give it a good shake...

CREAMER. EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just stood in disbelief at what just happened in my kitchen. I couldn't move, I couldn't cuss, I just stared! It was on the cabinets, the counters, the floor, the fridge, the coffee maker...you get the idea. And then, I laughed. Only me! I didn't even know where to start. I had JUST mopped my floors to make way for my cute new rug which somehow, by the grace of God {yes, I said it, He knew I would be heartbroken if my new rug was ruined!}, the creamer missed the rug except for a tiny bit on the edge!

Matt calls me back as I'm cleaning up the mess and it was finally a good connection so I hated to tell him I had to go b/c of my creamer fiasco! So we chat while I'm on my hands and knees re-mopping with those little swiffer wet cloths!

And...today (2 days later) I noticed that the coffee maker button was stuck - b/c some of the creamer dried around the button! I have a feeling I'm going to see the effects of this for months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment