Sunday, October 10, 2010

HEAT WAVE!!!

Ok...I realize I should NOT be complaining about the warm weather trend we've been having b/c it's about to be miserably cold, BUT I'm ready for the temps to drop back down into the upper 60's!

It's beautiful outside, but our apartment is uncomfortably warm. I LOVE our corner unit with all the floor to ceiling windows, but that also means LOTS of sun! And when the building has turned off the AC for the year, it gets pretty toasty up in here! Last night we both fell asleep on the couches in the living room b/c it gets a bit more air flow from the windows being open than our bedroom. We haven't slept with the comforter on the bed for like a week! Whew! Our poor little tower fan (no ceiling fans which I miss terribly!) has been on constantly and if it goes out, I might cry. I just wish the maintenance staff hadn't jumped the gun to switch over to heat the first weekend we had 50's for highs.

Anyway, although it's a tad warm, I'm still thankful for the beautiful trees changing colors and that I get to steal a glance at them every day!



But seriously...I'm sweating in my apt right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment