Friday, October 15, 2010

Just call me Susie Homemaker...

Or Martha Stewart or some other DIY diva. These last two days I have been CONSUMED with making some new pillows! 7 pillows in 2 days, all stitched by hand! It was kind of therapeutic and the time flew by! I haven't been the biggest fan of the pillows on our couch and I was dying to do something creative and useful with my time this week. {Unemployment might be getting to me...haha!}

I love pillows. I love that pillows are an easy way to change the look of a room. And since I'm usually pretty neutral on big decor items {I think it's a commitment issue} then it's not quite as scary to me than buying an entire chair covered in an amazing fabric. One of my crafty friends makes lots of pillow slip covers and changes her pillows out every so often. GENIUS! So, I copied her idea.

Now, my craftsmanship is not to perfection, but I'm still pretty darn proud of myself! As I get more experience, I might try some other fancy things!

Out with the old...



And in with the new!!!!








I think I'll put the blue and cream floral pillows in our bedroom, maybe even with the zebra! We'll see!



And...then I still have this fabric that I'm going to make 2 more pillows out of for the living room.

Let me know what you think!

Next DIY project: Lauren and I plan on making fun Christmas pillows & wreaths this year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud + jealous of your pillow making talents. Teach me.

    ReplyDelete