Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thoughtfulness...

One of my husband's greatest traits is his thoughtfulness. I'll admit, sometimes I expect thoughtfulness from him and it just doesn't happen. {insert pouty face here} But that's the beauty of marriage, or any relationship, the times it means the most is when it's the least expected! Matt & I neither one are big advocates of giving/receiving flowers. They die and I tell him not to buy them for me on special occasions (c'mon...haven't you seen the prices of roses sky rocket during the month of February?!) but I'm still a girl I still love flowers every now and then. :)

So yesterday he came home at SIX (this is probably a record since starting his new gig) with this behind his back!



So stinkin' thoughtful of him! There is a florist just across the street from our building but they're never open when he's walking home from work (maybe because that's at 8 or 9 or even later at night!)

I love his simple yet oh so thoughtful gesture and it was a major bonus that it is a beautiful shade of Oklahoma State Orange! Go Pokes! (OSU means Ohio State up here. gag.)

Confession: Someday, I would love to squeeze room into the budget for a "Fresh Flowers in the House at All Times"

No comments:

Post a Comment