Thursday, September 9, 2010

3 years ago, I said YES!

Well...actually, my first words were "Are you serious?!?" And then I realized it was really happening and I hugged Matt and said yes! Matt and his brother, Landon, are 7 years apart and have a birthday one day apart (Sept 8--Matt and 9--Landon) so I thought nothing of his family and my family meeting in OKC for a birthday lunch! Our families had become friends and we'd spent my birthday together before so no big deal!
We had our lunch and the boys had finished opening their gifts and we were kind of wrapping things up...so I thought. Well, Matt starts thanking everyone for coming and then grabs my hand and starts saying wonderful things about me. I still was just a little out of it until he got down on one knee!

Out of his pocket comes this BREATHTAKING ring and I went into shock! I couldn't believe it was happening! I wanted to be surprised and I truly was surprised! I learned a few moments later that everyone knew for months about this and had kept it a secret from me! He had driven down to Wichita Falls to ask my dad for my hand on a weekend that he was "golfing with his buddies in OKC" back in June. sneaky sneaky.



It was one of the best days of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment