I think I've discovered a new tradition! Or, because I'm unemployed, I have way too much time on my hands! The jury is out...I guess we'll wait until next year before deciding if it's a full blown tradition.
Matt's birthday is September 8th and I'm a BIG advocate for birthdays! I love giving gifts and I LOVE birthdays! Matt jokes that I start counting down the days until my birthday every New Year. Not entirely true, but I start getting excited! I think it's because Spring is my favorite season and come January, well I'm basically over winter and want to see flowers everywhere and green come back into the trees! And usually when it starts getting nice out, my birthday is within sight!
Luckily, our birthdays are spread out enough that there's no um...sharing! Let's face it, I'm an only child. I share our anniversary and Christmas with him so give me April 9th! I think it's perfect really. Mine's in April and his is in Sept and then Christmas follows after that...then I start getting excited about Spring again. :) Vicious cycle! haha
Anywhoo!!! I woke up yesterday and thought "Why not celebrate Matt's birthday a little bit every day until the 8th?!" A week and a day! Everyone knows my mom and I celebrate our birthdays for at least a week so Matt surely deserves it too!
It's nothing fancy. I bought his serious gift last month and I've stashed it in my closet so these gifts are kind of little things just for fun. I started off yesterday by getting him a bag of Snickers, one of his favorite candies. I wrapped it with a cute ORANGE bow (to celebrate football season Go Pokes!) and left a little note. He got home about 9:30 so he was too tired to break in and eat any, but I think he liked it!
Today's gift is kind of silly...can't tell you though, he hasn't seen it yet!
And conveniently, my birthday is April 9th so MAYBE the tradition will go both ways! Wishful thinking!!! But I PROMISE I wasn't having those selfish thoughts/motives when I came up with this for him! I don't think he believes me though... haha!
NOW, I'm off to wrap up some last minute things before hopping on the train to meet Kris & Abby at the airport!!! We're so excited to have some guests in town for Labor Day Weekend!!! Lots of fun is sure to be had this weekend! Love our amazing friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment