Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Matt's Birthday Week continued...

So...I'm sure my faithful readers are all chomping at the bit to know what else Matt has received for his week of birthday fun! Well, here goes!

Thursday was a pair of swim goggles. I know, sounds lame, but when we chose this apartment Matt was REALLY excited about having an indoor pool. We haven't swam in it one single time but we like having the OPTION to swim in the winter if we so choose. He has mentioned wanting to swim laps too so...I got him swim goggles. :)

Friday, he received a t-shirt I noticed him eye-ing a week or so ago. He's trying to phase out some of his SAE/college shirts (let's face it, he'll be 27. They need to be retired...)

Saturday, a Blackhawks coffee mug!!! Matt and I love our morning coffee on the weekends and I wanted to get him a Chicago mug (we have a Thunder mug and a Jim Beam mug along with my heart mug, snowflake mug, and "Beth" mug so he needed another manly mug!) And since the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup this year, it seemed fitting. We don't even really watch hockey but we got into it this year knowing we would soon be Chicagoans!

Sunday, admittedly, I failed to give him a gift. I had it all planned out to get him an umbrella for those rainy/snowy days but the store I went to was all out of manly options and I didn't think he would appreciate one with pink polka dots! BUT, our dear friends Kris & Abby bought our dinner Sunday night so I like to think they bailed me out!

Monday, Qdoba (specifically their chips and queso...YUM!) and football. I mean, I am the perfect wife! haha!

Today...a couple of things but I can't tell you until he gets them. And then tomorrow, the grand finale! We're going to dinner this weekend, probably to our favorite steak restaurant. We can't plan on weeknight dinners b/c there's no guarantee when he'll get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment