Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Not the sharpest tool in the shed...

"but I'm the cutest! Right?!?" That's my reply when he tells me that. Not even that tools are even that cute, but if you could rate tools on a scale of cute-ness, my defense to my smart little husband is that I would hope he thought I was at least the cutest darn tool in that shed! :)

I do and say a lot of dumb things! (Matt won't let me forget or live any of them down...one of my most famous examples was when Matt was tickling me one day early in our relationship, I shouted "STOP! You're smuggling me!" I meant smothering.) I'm worse especially when I'm really comfortable around a person. I tend to turn off my filter and say the first thing that comes to mind or just act silly. Sometimes, it takes me a while to catch on to things and I don't always figure stuff out the quickest. And I really pride myself on being a pretty intelligent girl despite my "moments".

Enter...my blog. I spent hours, I mean HOURS last night and today trying to figure out how to change the background to be something "cutsie". All the gals I blog stalk have these super cute backgrounds with polka dots, flowers, paisleys, etc you know, shabby chic kind of stuff and mine was just...blah. I couldn't get past the basic template designs. So I snooped around on their blogs and found some websites they were using. www.shabbyblogs.com and www.hotbliggityblog.com to name a couple. Well, I found one that I liked and did the ol' copy & paste to add it to my blog template. Error. Over and over I tried and each time I would tinker with it a bit more to see if I could figure out what I was doing wrong. I let out deep sighs until Matt asked what was wrong. I knew it was silly to get all worked up over a silly website that barely anyone reads, but I was so frustrated! Finally, I called it quits and went to bed. I came back to it this afternoon with renewed hope and determination. I tried for a few more hours and ALAS!!! I made progress!!! I finally got it to where I could see a little of the design in the background! After much tweaking and editing of ever little thing, I finally was able to see ALL of the design in the background!!!!! GLORIOUS!!!

SO! I hope everyone thinks it's really cute b/c quite frankly, I think I have a few more wrinkles from furrowing my brow. ugh.

Best part. I texted Matt to tell him to take a look at it...his response "Can you center the header?" ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
sigh. That's on tomorrow's agenda.

2 comments:

  1. OK, for what it is worth...who wants to be a tool in the shed anyway? You tell my 'thinks he's so smart' son that his mother said she has the 'cutest teddy bear on the shelf', 'funniest joke in the book', 'sharpest kid in the class', 'brightest candle in the room', 'sweetest doughnut in the box', 'most generous Santa in December', daughter-in-law in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! Love You Beth! from Beth

    ReplyDelete