Friday, November 19, 2010

Thoughts for the week...

*Target's Humor...Genius!
Have you seen the Target Black Friday commercials?! I think they're hilarious! Whoever came up with the idea should get a big bonus this December. Just sayin...

*Shoe repair has saved my life/wallet!
The lady I take my dry cleaning to is seriously my new bff! She also offers alterations and shoe repair. I've taken a pair of jeans to her and she did a great job so I decided to take a chance on some boots that were looking PITIFUL. I seriously should have taken a before/after picture of these boots. Honestly, I thought they were too far gone. The leather on the heel was all scuffed, the metal was exposed, and the toe was a different shade of brown. I got them back this week and it's like having a brand new boot! They look amazing. I figured it was going to be a pretty penny and I was already making my story to justify the cost to Matt, but it was only $18!!! Side note: You know you're BFF with your dry cleaner when she lets you take a suit you haven't paid for yet...don't worry, I went by today and paid for it! :)

*USPS=terrible customer service
They wonder why they're unprofitable. It's because everyone dreads going to the post office to ship things! I had to mail my sister in laws birthday gift to Spain ,so I went in and didn't see the labels, plus I'd never shipped anything int'l. So I waited in line to get one at the counter. Well, I was sent over to get a label and told to stand in line again. Second time around, I was told I needed to write "Spain" on the label. I had written Espana {per my sis in law's instruction}, which to me is pretty obvious...whatever. Ugh. Needless to say, it was finally shipped {probably beaten and battered b/c I gave the lady some attitude} and that was 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. It didn't need to be that difficult. I had tried to avoid the USPS and take the package to FedEx, but it was going to be $95 to ship to Spain, sorry Liz...not happening!

*Better late than never
I'm always at least 10 steps behind everyone else. I was late with the skinny jeans, UGGs, shoe repair, Forever 21, H&M, eye brow/lip wax, etc. Basically any trend or common girl knowledge, I'm always the last to join. As of today, I now own a curling iron. I know! A Texan that doesn't own a curling iron?! It's like blasphemous. I blame it on the years of torture I endured with getting my hair {aka my bangs} curled as a little girl. Hated it. And hair spray...I'm just now to the point that I can handle using hair spray. Sorry Mom. Now if I could just learn how to tease...

*Loving my job.
Seriously, it's such a great fit for me. Who doesn't like working 7 hours and getting paid for 8? Loving the people I'm meeting/working with, even though it's the most quiet work environment ever. It's like working in a library sometimes, but once you get in someone's office, much more my scene. :) love my little department. I work with the coolest ladies in the firm, BY FAR! Don't tell everyone else that though...I might be a little biased b/c I'm working with a fellow Texan! :)
Side note: In my short time working with atty's, I've discovered that they really like to use big words/fancy language in writing and make themselves sound really smart. Funny, really. To all my legal friends, I love you!

*TX/OK here we come!
So excited that next week is a short work week and we'll be on our way to TX and OK to see our family and friends! I'm just beside myself with excitement! I can't wait to hug everyone's neck and catch up. We found tickets to Bedlam so we'll be in Stillwater on Saturday to cheer on our Cowboys! I've really missed tailgating and seeing all of our friends and our favorite team play football! Not to mention, I get my Sonic fix...and if I play my cards right, maybe a trip to El Vaq for some Mexican food. Can't wait to scream at the top of my lungs for my Pokes! :) Next weekend is going to be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment