Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Here are a few things I've learned in the last week:

*tights are essential in a Chicago office wardrobe...I've been told that I better just be prepared to wear them until at least April

*walking in tights while wearing heels is like Bambi learning to walk...I'm sure it was comical for people to see me slip out of my heel a time or two {or 20+}

*always pay attention when you're on the elevator...I've been busted a time or two getting off on the wrong floor with a load of files in hand. In my defense, we have 6 floors of office space and they all look the same in the elevator lobby.

*I really like & have missed wearing "office attire"...although it has sparked an urge to shop that I'm sure Matt will not appreciate. I think it's the preppy side of me. A girl can never have too many cardigans and pencil skirts.

And my most embarrassing revelation...
In OK, I had to leave my house by 7:30 at the LATEST to make it to work on time. Sometimes I was a few minutes late if I caught all the lights. Now, I walk to work and it is literally 2 blocks away...somehow I still manage to be rushing around at the last minute in an effort to be on time. Did I mention I don't even have to be there until 9am?! Really?! I've decided I need to start laying out my clothes for the week {thanks Marcie Belle, you're so wise!} in an effort to save myself from the "I have nothing to wear" melt downs in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment