Since Mom was in town, we decided we just had to go out & spend the day with Lauren & Luke! Luke will be a year old at the end of August & Mama still hadn't met him! So we headed off for the train. We had to catch the El to take us to Union Station to catch the OTHER train that goes out to the suburbs. The other train leaves every hour so if you miss it, you have to wait another hour. The train ride is about 45 minutes so we were going to be set back another 2 hours! Well, we waited & waited & waited. Finally, at 11:28 I just said FORGET IT! We're not going to make the 11:30 train so we'll drive! So we ventured back to the parking garage (which was like 10 ft away!) to grab the car & head out! We made it about the same time our 11:30 train would have arrived at the train station! Boo ya! I'm just so hesitant to drive around here b/c the drivers are much more aggressive & I'm not familiar with the area yet. We survived though.
We went to lunch with Lauren & Luke and then went to Ikea! I was an Ikea virgin so this was a whole new world to me! We bought some amazing bar stools for the apartment! I hope Matt doesn't mind! :) Mama wanted to get us a housewarming gift (ok this is like my 6th place for her to give me a housewarming gift! I need to settle somewhere! ha) It was a good thing we brought the car but it was a hoot trying to get 3 boxes into the back of my little Honda!
Side note: We can't find "Ranch Style Beans" anywhere in Illinois & Lauren cooks with them a lot. So while I was in OK, I went to Wal-mart & bought 20 CANS of beans for her! The check out lady thought I was crazy!
Anyway, here are a few pictures of little man Luke!


No comments:
Post a Comment