Anyway, since then, Mimi has remarried. My Aunt Tana came to visit from Arizona to go through Mimi & Pop's things so that Mimi & Ron can have more space and have their things. Well, Tana has come across all kinds of family photos and letters and things but my favorite is my Pop's Navy uniform! I had no idea he was in the Navy! I knew he did something in the military at some point b/c he received a flag at his funeral. I think it was maybe a day to day uniform, not the nice, crisp uniform but I don't really know. Well, while I was home, I decided to try it on and it fit almost perfectly! haha! I don't remember Pop being short but I think the pant style wasn't like today's style. The pants were just long enough for me (I would imagine they were MAYBE to his ankles) and they were SUPER high waist-ed! He must've been a string bean in his early 20's!

So here's my best salute! Happy Independence Day and thank you to all who have & are serving our country so bravely! We are so proud of you & forever grateful!
PS: Shout out to my cousin, Keith! Happy Birthday! I had so much fun celebrating your birthday every 4th of July when we were kids! Fireworks AND birthday cake?! Can't beat that!
Hey sweet girl. You look so proud and POP would be so proud of you loving him this way on the fourth. He was a very proud American. Thank you for loving him and those he loved.
ReplyDelete