Friday, July 23, 2010

The apartment FURNISHED!

While Matt's in San Fransisco for 2 weeks, I decided I better distract myself! So, what better time for Mama to come to Chicago & spent the week with me?! She's amazing. She's been helping me decorate & hang things around the apartment. Matt & I tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to hanging things on the walls. Mostly, b/c I hate asking him to do it! I try to be a nice wife! So...wait until he's gone, then decorate the whole place! Hope he likes it! We tackled little bits at a time & broke it up with some sight seeing & shopping!

The bedroom. Yes, I realize the pillows are off-center! But you get the idea!


Another view of the bedroom.


View of the living room from the kitchen!


The tv. I'm ready for a new media stand but this one will do for now...


The view of the kitchen from the living room.


Another view of the living room. We brought our kitchen table but Mom came up with the idea to use our table as a console table for extra decor! I'm loving it so far! That's also why there are random chairs placed around the room! haha!


The breakfast bar & the kitchen! I put these fabulous bar stools together all by myself! Thank you very much! Thanks Mom & Dad, I LOVE THEM! They fit just perfectly here!


My baker's rack! My Christmas present from Matt the 1st Christmas we were married!


My little tribute to The South! Thanks Tori, Love!



And...the entry way!

I haven't taken a picture of the bathroom yet. Mom was in the shower when I was taking pictures, so I'm sure she is glad I wasn't in there trying to take pictures!

Thank you for everything, Mama! I couldn't have done it without you! I love our new bar stools & the way everything looks! You're so great at decorating! I guess that might be the one thing I didn't get from you. I had a blast with you this week & I can't wait for your next trip to Chicago! You're the most selfless & gracious woman I know! I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really nice. Leave it to your mom to make the small area come alive. Glad you guys had a good time together. You are one lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Beth!!!! I am sure Matt will be thankful for all the hard work and decorating that you spared him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your place! Everything seems to fit perfectly! What fun! I'm ready to come visit!:)

    ReplyDelete