Friday, July 23, 2010

More visitors!

I know...I'm behind on posting yet again! I'm trying to get caught up. After James & Jo left we had some other friends in town. Mike & Kathryn! Kathryn is a dear friend of mine & she was in my wedding. She's one of those amazing people that you can go a year without seeing & then just pick right up where you left off! I adore them so of course we had to get together while they were in town!

We went to a place called Sushi Samba & then to a comedy club called The Second City. Now, for those of you who know me, you know I'm NOT a sushi or really even a seafood person, but I wanted to go with the flow so I agreed to eat at this place. I knew surely they would have chicken in some form. :) Well, they did have a wide variety menu but we decided to let the chef have free reign. (I know people, this is CRAZY for me! I don't venture out much on things I'll eat!) We told him what we would NOT eat (Kathryn said NO RAW FISH! Whew!) so they brought out like an 8 course meal of little bits of this and that. It. Was. Awesome. I had to look past the little tentacles but I managed to eat an OCTOPUS! This is huge for me. I won't even try veggies that look/smell funny! That & the calamari were my 2 favs & they even brought out a beef dish!




Ok...our server saw me struggling with the chopsticks so he gave me the KIDDIE just beginner sticks! haha! And, this octopus looks like a spider on my face! eeek!



So after that, we went to The Second City. It's a comedy club where a lot of "comedy greats" get their start. People like Tina Fey (LOVE HER!), Chris Farley, Dan Aykroyd & Tim Meadows to name a few. It was hilarious!!! We had great seats! Just close enough to feel like you were practically on stage but safe from being pulled up on stage!


Then, the next day we went to Giordano's for pizza with Mike & Kathryn as well as my other dear friend, Lauren & her husband, Jason & their little boy, Luke! Lauren was my Matron of Honor & they just moved from Washington (state) to a suburb just outside of Chicago! I'm so so happy we're close now b/c it was so hard knowing she had a baby & I couldn't be close by! So...I went to pick them up at the train station. Well, lets just say I did not even think that a baby equals extra "baggage"! Whoops! Poor Jason was a trooper though! He carted Luke & that stroller up & down the "El" Stairs & finally we made it to the pizza place. I felt so bad! On the way back, we tried to use more of the handicap accessible entrances & such. We still had a great time! I didn't get any pictures of all of us though. So sad about that!

1 comment:

  1. SO fun!!!!! Love your blog. What a keepsake!! I would be really into this blogging thing if I was young and hip like you. Way to go Beth. I love IT

    ReplyDelete