So we've used our cute little cart to get groceries, but I tell you what, no matter how you slice it, grocery shopping is a lot of work! I think we've been to the grocery store almost every day since we've been here. I think it will be better when we finally get all the staple items stocked in our fridge & pantry. We donated what we could in OKC & threw away the rest so we're starting from square one. Even still, you have to really think about what you're doing b/c whatever you buy, you've got to figure out how to carry it home. Our strategy so far is to never get a buggy, we always get a basket b/c once the basket is full, you pretty much know, that's all you'll be able to carry home!
I'm also working on getting a few re-usable totes b/c the plastic bags are really mounting up & we've only been here a week! I try to be good about recycling or finding ways to re-use the plastic bags but I have a million already.
We've also learned that they have a delivery service but we haven't priced it yet. One guy in our building told us about peapod.com & supposedly, you give them your list, the day you want it & for $20 they'll bring it right to your door! Interesting! Might be worth it every once in a while! :)
I love hearing about these big city things! :) It would be nice to have everything delivered to your door.
ReplyDelete