Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Community Laundry

One of the "sacrifices" I decided to make was to give up having a washer/dryer in our apt. I was being a pretty big brat about this in the beginning, but I had a change of heart. Besides, its part of the urban experience & it builds character, right?! After seeing the apt's that had them, I realized they took up valuable storage space and they were the tiniest washers/dryers on the planet! Usable space is key, people!

So far, my experience with the community laundry has been pretty good. The other day, I was able to do 5 loads of laundry in an hour & a half! boo yah! And the best part, laundry is FREE right now! Normally you have to pay about $1.50 but you have to load the money on a card. Well...the card machine is broken so free laundry for the whole building! Whoo-hoo! I have also come to realize that not all the washers/dryers work so I'm trying to take note so when it does start costing me $$$ I won't waste $1.50 on a dryer that won't try my clothes! :)

2 comments:

  1. hi beth, sounds like you had a good time washing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting your fun life in Chicago. My friend from there indicated that you and Matt must be living pretty good because you are in a "swanky" part of town. The best part about it is that you are so close to everything. YEAH YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete