Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to OK!

We went back to Oklahoma last weekend for an amazing wedding! Danny & Matt are pledge brothers & Matt was asked to be an usher. Of course we were honored so we made the trek back to OK to be a part of their big day! Kelsi has become a good friend of mine too so this was a fun wedding for the both of us. It's always great when I don't have to bribe Matt to go with me to a wedding! Ladies, you know what I'm talking about..."I don't even know them, she's your sorority sister, why do I have to go?!" So we'd been looking forward to this one for a while! We decided to drive back since we had a few things to take back for storage & well, it's just nice to have your own car when you have places to be!

We made it back to OK late Wednesday night & spent Thursday with his family in Stroud! It's always wonderful & relaxing visiting with them! Friday morning, Matt went golfing with the boys so I went to see my friend Marcie! Marcie & I worked together at the bank & we'd become good friends. Well, she was pregnant & when I left, she only had a couple of weeks to go! I had been watching Adelyn kick and move in her belly & I had gotten pretty attached! So of course, I had to hold that sweet baby that had kicked my hand so many times! :) (Marcie was a champ & let me invade her belly space all the time! I was just so curious what it felt like!) Adelyn is absolutely perfect! I got to spend a couple of hours over there while the boys finished playing golf & it was wonderful just catching up with Marcie & seeing her sweet baby girl!


Marcie even dressed her in the outfit I had bought for her! A cute little white onesie with a tutu sewed onto it! We were getting swaddeling tips from her friend.


All nice & tight like a baby burrito!


Big Sister Abby the dog!




Adelyn's room! Her mom made the crib bedding, curtains & chair. It turned out SO great! Sewing really is a lost art. I need to re-teach myself!

So then it was off to the rehearsal & wedding! I didn't take any pictures at the rehearsal. :( I was too busy catching up with great friends! These boys all have amazing wives/fiances/girlfriends so they've all become my good friends too! Matt & I feel so blessed that our friends have awesome spouses! It's no fun to hang out with someone's friend if you don't like their significant other! :) Hope nobody feels that way about us! ha!

I was also able to squeeze in a pedi with Joanna! They let us stay with them while we were in town. They're so gracious to let us invade their space for the weekend! We barely got to see them for all the wedding festivities.

The wedding was a blast! Well, until one of the bridesmaids knocked an ENTIRE glass of wine ALL over my new pretty pink dress! I think the dress will be ok. Daddy took it to the cleaners & he hasn't given me any bad news yet so I guess I'll see when I get home! I was so mad but what can you do?! I know she didn't mean to but it was literally ALL over me. And I HATE the feeling of wet clothes sticking to my skin. Luckily, it was towards the end of the night or else I would have had a terrible time which would have been a shame. I'm just glad we didn't get pulled over b/c the officer wouldn't have believed me that I had barely had anything to drink! haha I smelled of white zin!
Here are a few pics from the reception!





No comments:

Post a Comment