Ok. So most of you know, I'm a "creeper". I don't think I creep in a creepy way, but I love to keep up with my friends via facebook and check out all their pictures, blogs, etc. Matt always catches me looking at someone's wedding photos or someone's baby pics and tells me I'm a creeper! Anyway, during my daily creeping on facebook, I stumble upon my friend Jennifer Porter's blog! First, let me say, I truly admire this girl! I met her my sophomore year during recruitment. We lived in the same dorm/suites so we were in the same recruitment group. She's such a genuine girl and I've always thought the world of her. We ended up pledging different sororities but we had mutual friends so we would bump into each other over the years. Well, anyway, she posted about being a housewife the other day and it really hit the nail on the head for how I'm feeling/adjusting to this season.
To read her post click the link below.
http://www.ourmarriageproject.com/07/2010/to-be-a-housewife/
I'm starting to look for jobs but I easily get discouraged or distracted. I know Matt isn't angry with me about it, but when he asks what I'm doing during the day, I feel guilty and almost want to be defensive as to why I haven't applied to more places or accomplished more for the day. Yesterday, I walked with him to work (my new favorite ritual and I will really miss it when I have to walk to my own office) and ran by the lake, then I came home and fell back asleep watching Friends. I found a job to apply for, but found myself stumped for hours on writing the cover letter. Insert a few more hours checking facebook, watching Friends, etc. So at 5:30 I decide to pick up the dry cleaning (they close at 6!) and go to Walgreens so that I could feel like I did something!
Anyway, I hope this makes sense or someone can relate. Part of me is ready for a job and the other part of me knows I should enjoy this time off while I have it. I'm sure once I find something, I'll be begging for a vacation. haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment