So, Sunday night we went to Gibson's (our favorite steakhouse...we've already been 3 times!) to celebrate Chris' (Matt's dad) birthday! His birthday was Aug 3rd but we knew Matt would be working late so we wanted to make sure & celebrate at a time Matt could enjoy too. So...back to Gibson's...we had a FEAST! Everyone split a steak b/c they are HUGE! The smallest steak is 10oz and Matt & Landon split a 28oz steak! Surprisingly, there were no leftovers. Matt & I had seen their insane dessert portions so we warned the Wilson's not to go overboard since we intended to have a ginormous piece of cake. We managed to save room & it did NOT disappoint! Yum!

Ok...I did a terrible job portraying the size of this dessert but I kid you not, it was a monstrosity. Enough for all 6 of us with some left for seconds!
Monday, Matt went to work & I met up with the family to do a little sight seeing! We went on the architecture tour & had a great time! I know, I know. You're thinking "Beth, didn't you JUST go on this a couple of weeks ago?" Yes I did but I wanted to go again! We had a different tour guide & I learned lots of new things! There's always something new to see/learn on these things! I'll go many more times too!
Chris, Beth, Jeana & Landon with the Chicago Skyline
The whole gang...well almost. We need to photo shop Matt & Liz too! :)
Me with Jeana & Landon! I have the best in-laws on the planet! I love having a brother/and sisters these days! And I didn't have to fight with them while I was growing up! It's like the best of both worlds! :)
Well like I said, it was Chris' birthday while they were in Chicago and Jeana's 14th is in a couple of weeks so we just had a fun little birthday party here at the apartment!
Cheesecake!

I can't believe I didn't think to get a "1" candle so we could make it Jeana's cake too! Silly me. She's never camera shy!

The birthday kids!

Make a wish!
Matt & I are so glad y'all came to Chicago to spend a few days with us! We love y'all and miss you terribly! Can't wait for your next visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment