Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pictures of the Blue Angels

Ok...so I took about 100 pictures at the air show! I was just crazy about it! And, I was trying to watch so I would just point my camera and hope I caught the shot while watching and screaming "OH MY GOSH, How do they DO that?" while grabbing Matt's arm or slapping his leg. It's a miracle I got any planes in any of the pictures but I did, and here are a few of my faves. Cropped and zoomed in of course!


They did this a few times and every time I think I had a mini heart attack! They would wait until the last minute and either flip on their sides or one would flip upside down and they would just barely miss each other! I'm sure their mother's have never seen them perform these stunts or else she died of a heart attack b/c if that were my child...I would be in hysterics!


Look at how close and in perfect alignment they're in...no telling how many hours they have to practice. So beautiful! And it was the perfect day for an air show!


This was towards the end of the show. They flew in from the lake and then right as they were approaching the crowd, they split. Behind all of us is the Chicago skyline (it runs all along the lake shore) so we're all trying to follow the planes and one of them flies right past an apartment building! I would've peed my pants if I lived in that apartment!
Side note: next year Matt and I would LOVE to watch from one of those boats! Best seat in the house, for sure.


Me trying to recreate the shock of what I just saw! No peeing in the pants though...


And of course, a cute picture of us enjoying our day at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment