Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My balcony oasis 42 stories in the sky

If you're scared of heights, you would hate our balcony! I wasn't fond of our balcony at first, but it's pretty great. It's nice to step out and get some fresh air on a nice day instead of taking the elevator all the way down only to step outside and get a quick whiff of sewer smells before your breath of fresh air! haha. I love watching the sail boats out on Lake Michigan, I think I might enjoy sailing. I like to watch all the people and traffic. The rhythm of it all is kind of mesmerizing.

I've been sitting out here a little more often over the past couple of days b/c A) it's been really nice out and B) although I LOVE Friends, I'm already halfway through Season 7 and I've got to space it out a little, oh and C) it makes me feel like less of a vegetable than sitting on the couch watching movies (we don't have cable right now). Don't you think sitting with 2 tailgate type folding chairs facing each other so I can keep my feet propped up is less vegetable like that laying on the couch?! Yeah, me too. I'm really liking this "city life", I think I'm getting used to all the noises and the sirens are now "normal". I watch the trains pass by below multiple times an hour and I'm thankful that our doors/windows are nice and soundproof :)

I think they're filming some more of Transformers 3 b/c we saw a bunch of trucks/trailers with movie set rental logos this morning while I walked Matt to work. Then, I saw a "wrecked" school bus and there are big stadium lights shining down on one of the streets below. I've been telling myself to go check it out, but that requires me leaving my little oasis on my balcony! Maybe I will here in a bit when I go pick up Matt's dry cleaning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment